Pages

mercredi 25 mai 2011

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Une chanson typiquement écossaise que les élèves m'ont apprise en musique !
The Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen (et avec l'accent écossais, s'il vous plait !)

 

Les paroles

  1. When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad
    My mother said to me
    Come see the Northern Lights my boy
    They' re bright as they can be
    She called them the heavenly dancers
    Merry dancers in the sky
    I'll never forget, that wonderful sight
    They made the heavens bright

    The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen
    Mean home sweet home to me
    The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen
    Are what
    I long to see
    I’ve been a wanderer all of my life
    Any many a sight I've seen
    God speed the day when l' m on my way
    To my home in Aberdeen 
  2.  I've wandered in many far-off lands
    And travelled many a mile
    I've missed the folk I cherished most
    The joy of a friendly smile
    It warms up the heart of a wand'rer
    The clasp of a welcoming hand
    To greet me when, I return
    Home to my native land
    Chorus

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire